Wednesday, July 20, 2016

What a mountain today.

Today I did battle with a mountain and the mountain won. I was supposed to trek into some ruins, but some riding lessons, backpacking in my youth and gym workouts weren't enough preparation. I should have thoroughly researched the trek. Over 20 years ago I did battle with another mountain and lost. Today I learned as I did then to stop while I was ahead and head back to a bed. Today, I also learned that mountains and I aren't friends and that is all right. In life, it is important to be thoroughly prepared and know your limits. My limit is riding a horse down a winding narrow path. Tonight I will sleep in a bed. My traveling companion, more prepared then I, is still on the trek and I wish him a journey of health and good weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment